Title: Retail Assistant
Responsibility to: Retail Manager
Reporting to: Retail Manager
Department: Retail Division
The position of Retail Assistant at Grafton International reports directly to the Retail Manager.
The aim is to provide support for the National Accounts Team and Retail Department to effectively co-ordinate and communicate information to all relevant departments.
- New line forms both internal and external
- Waste regulation documents
- Retailer account communications
- Retailer product maintenance and queries
- Assist with creating retailer specific presentations
- Reviewing and analysing promotions and exhibition sales.
- Complete and file retailer promotional templates
- Collating, reviewing and analysing national account sales and promotions results
- Producing assembly and transfer orders, for bespoke stock items
- Ability to structure new reports and collate information confidently.
- Bespoke sales reports
- POS management - working with external display companies
- Promotional calendar assistance and date notification of events
- Assist with the organising trade/conference events
- Component sourcing for gift sets
- Working with label suppliers/manufactures for product labels and pricing
- Completion of New Account Forms/Credit Applications
- Update external media platforms
- Supplying Images to buyers as required
- Store visits and photos for key events
- Merchandising assistance for launch of new units into store.
- Working with IRI to analyse reports, accounting assistance.
- Collating reports via Retailer Platforms.
- Help with building consistent presentations
- Attend National accounts meetings as required
- Extracting data from retailer platforms
- Set up and maintenance of specific retailer platforms
- Ensure retail pricelists, barcodes, new product development and discontinued stock is updated and communicated to all relevant department.
- Ensure the Retail Product Data base is maintained.
- Producing Business Review Report for Sales Director
- Support the Sales Director and Senior National Accounts Manager with admin tasks as required
- Ensure written procedures for contingency are completed and updated regularly.
- Meeting Attendance – retail meetings, salon meetings, brand meetings, system training, product training, ten 2 ten meetings, marketing catch up, one 2 one’s, weekly catch ups.
- Meeting preparation including set up, refreshments
- Liaising with the Retail Manager and in-house departments including marketing, purchasing and warehouse operations.
- Ensure relationships between departments are managed effectively.
- Updating Sales board with weekly Figures.
- Producing manual invoices for specific retailers on an ad hoc basis.
- Work with brand and digital to communicate promotions and NPD to our customer base.
- Communicate weekly/monthly updates to the agents.
- Liaise with customer services to ensure agents have car stock.
- Assist with NPD launches for all retail brands
- Assist with Export customers to include samples, pricelists and liaising with customer services.
- Maintain a Weekly Task List, communicate this to the Retail Manager.
- Liaise with customer services, warehouse and operations to effectively coordinate retail projects.
- Minute Taking at meetings as required.
- Collating expenses as required.
- Ability to assist with forecasting as required.
- Update Chemist and Druggist web site as required.
- Deal with customer enquiries as required.
- Completing managers register weekly.
- Arranging product samples to customers and target accounts.
- Store visits, competitor analysis and market research.
- Cover of holiday and sickness for the retail team.
- Retail brand support where relevant.
- General administrative duties as directed by the Retail Manager.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the retail business.
- Support channels in development of sales of both existing and new products.
- Attend training courses and supplier/retailer seminars to develop the relevant knowledge to aid business development.
- Health & Safety policy and procedures to be followed and is the responsibility of all staff
- Excellent use of Excel & Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability and confidence to make and prioritise decisions.
- Good use of PowerPoint advantageous
- Knowledge of NAV and Power BI advantageous
- Excellent telephone and email communication skills for liaison with suppliers
- Face to face communication with senior members of Grafton International staff, and other Grafton departments
- To carry out all duties / tasks in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team and prioritise workload
Performance and Measuring Results
Achievement of Key Objectives
Achievement of Key Performance Indicators
Fulfilling your Responsibilities
Retention of a harmonious working relationship with other teams within the Company.
We do what we promise
We’re proud of our brands and exceptional service
We deliver results
This is a full-time head office-based position (8:30 am till 5.00 pm with an hour for lunch). Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year to be taken at any time in the year plus 3 further days to be taken at Christmas. Bank holidays are given in addition. Inclusion to company pension after successful completion of the probationary period. All out of pocket expenses, very generous staff purchase scheme for all Company products.
If you're interested in the role, please sumbit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com